Former Keiser University Football Players Join the National Arena Football League
Alvarez Jr. and Walls spent four seasons at Keiser, helping guide the Seahawks to a 33-9 record (20-3 MSC). As members of the football program, KU claimed three Mid-South Sun Division crowns and three NAIA playoff appearances.
“I’m so excited to see this for both Victor and Caleb,” Head Coach Doug Socha said. “This is also a huge accomplishment for not only them but our program as well. The Predators are not just getting two exceptional football players, the are getting two outstanding young men. Caleb is very fast and dynamic and has great potential. Victor is explosive off the ball and was a disruptive force on our defensive line, giving the opposing offensive line fits. I can’t wait to see what they can do at the next level.”
The six-team NAL will begin its 2022 season on April 23.
Victor Alvarez, Jr., – Defensive Line – Miami, Fla.
- Received MSC Sun Division First Team honors for the third straight year at defensive end in 2022
- Totaled a team-best 7.0 sacks in 2022
- Led the Seahawks in tackles for loss with 10.5
- Racked up 42 total tackles and forced one fumble in 12 games
- Collected his 20th career sack in the win against St. Thomas
- Earned MSC Sun Division Defensive Player of the Week honors once this season (third time in his career).
- Earned MSC All-Academic honors in 2019 and 2020
- Finished his Keiser career with 178 total tackles, 37.0 tackles for loss, and 21.5 sacks in 42 games played.
Caleb Walls, Wide Receiver – Orlando, Fla.
- Was named a First-Team All-Mid-South Conference selection as a return specialist in 2020.
- Named Second-Team All-Mid-South as a wide receiver during his sophomore season.
- In 2021 lead the Seahawks in touchdown receptions (6).
- His 315 yards receiving ranked No. 3 on the team.
- Averaged 23.0 yards per return on kickoffs, recording a 91-yard return for a touchdown at Reinhardt (11/20/21).
- Appeared in 40 games for the Seahawks.
- Recorded 68 catches for 1,106 yards and 16 touchdowns in his career.
- As a Seahawks, he returned 51 kicks for 1,098 yards and two touchdowns.
Keiser University is a private, independent, non-profit university serving nearly 20,000 students at 21 Florida campuses, online, and two international sites. Co-founded in 1977 by Chancellor Arthur Keiser, Ph.D., and Evelyn Keiser, Keiser University currently offers more than 100 degrees from associates to the doctoral level. Keiser University is a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution, a member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities, and was ranked No. 5 in the U.S. in Social Mobility by U.S. News And World Report in 2022.
Keiser defensive lineman Victor Alvarez Jr. and wide receiver Caleb Walls have signed with the Orlando Predators of the National Arena Football League (NAL).
Seahawk Nation Video Highlights
At Keiser University students always come first, our reputation was built in Florida. Keiser is a not-for-profit university with over 40 years of history, thousands of graduates on campus and online. Now, with a 100-acre residential campus, this can be your right fit. We are Keiser University!
Keiser University is pleased to join forces with guest lecturer, and New York Times Bestselling author Don Yaeger, to offer The Greatness Leadership Initiative: Transforming the World in the Face of Change. This open, online course is available free of charge to all in the Keiser University community. Stay tuned for more information!