What an Amazing Year This Has Been!
What an amazing year 2019 has been for Keiser University! This year, we surpassed the 20,000 student enrollment mark, expanded our student exchange program with China, opened a Language Institute for 3,000 students in Nicaragua, (we are presently the largest American University in Nicaragua and one of the largest American employers in Managua), broke ground on our new Naples campus, which will be home to the School of Nurse Anesthesiology, and the Keiser Seahawks’ athletic teams have gained the respect of our peers throughout the country.
In just our second year, the Keiser Seahawks’ football team reached 7th in rankings in the Mid-South Sun Division Championship and the NAIA divisions. Coach Doug Socha was named the NAIA Region I Coach of the Year by the American Football Coaches Association and the MSC Sun Division Coach of the Year.
For those of you who are sports enthusiasts, here is a glimpse of our Keiser University Seahawks’ many accomplishments in 2019:
- The NAIA National Champion women’s soccer team had seven players receive All-American honors
- The Seahawks’ men’s swimming team repeated as NAIA National Champions
- The No. 1 Keiser University women’s swimming team finished first during the three-day SCAD
- The Seahawks’ volleyball team earned six all-conference awards and three special awards including Coach James Rogers earning TSC Coach of the Year
- The Keiser University men’s soccer team captured The Sun Conference Tournament Championship
Invitational, setting ten program records
- For the first time, the Keiser men’s basketball team is ranked in the NAIA Top 25
- Keiser U claimed 4 Sun Conference Regular Season Championships and 7 TSC Tournament titles in 2019
- To date, the Seahawks boast 175 All-Conference Honorees and 74 NAIA All-Americans
- The Seahawks have received 74 Academic All-Conference Awards and 34 NAIA Scholar Athlete Awards
- And this year we added two new teams: wrestling and Esports
As for our national rankings in academia, here are a few notable mentions…
- Money Magazine, 8th in “Best Colleges”
- US News and World Report, 34th in the category of Social Mobility (ahead of Florida State University), 38th in “Best Colleges for Veterans,” and 56th in regional universities – South, (ahead of Southern University, the University of Central Florida, and Florida A&M University, and tied with the University of Florida)
- Florida Trend, 1st for Private/Non-profit Colleges & Universities for the 2019 enrollment
- Niche, 1st “Best College” in Florida, 7th in “Best Online Colleges” in the Nation, and 6th for “Best Student Life in Florida”
- The College Post, 2nd Safest School in the U.S.A.
It is truly a remarkable time to be a Keiser Seahawk!
I wish many blessings upon the entire Seahawk Family, and may you and your families have a joyous holiday season and a wonderful New Year!
Chancellor Arthur Keiser, Ph.D.
Seahawk Nation Video Highlights
At Keiser University students always come first, our reputation was built in Florida. Keiser is a not-for-profit university with over 40 years of history, thousands of graduates on campus and online. Now, with a 100-acre residential campus, this can be your right fit. We are Keiser University!
Keiser University is pleased to join forces with guest lecturer, and New York Times Bestselling author Don Yaeger, to offer The Greatness Leadership Initiative: Transforming the World in the Face of Change. This open, online course is available free of charge to all in the Keiser University community. Stay tuned for more information!